All my straps are hand stitched using 4-ply waxed Irish linen thread made by Crawford Threads Ltd, world renowned for making high quality and extremely strong waxed linen thread.
I provide a wide variety of contrasting and complementary thread colours to counterpart your chosen leather, with 21 different colour options of thread currently available:
Please Note: Colour can vary significantly with dye lot. The images shown above give good colour representation, but should be used for reference only.
After selecting your chosen strap design (leather style and stitching colour) you could be forgiven for thinking you’re nearly finished with your purchase. There is one more decision ahead of you - what buckle?
There are so many factors to consider when selecting a new strap for your timepiece, however the perfect buckle can dramatically change up the overall look and style of your watch.
Ardillon (also known as tang) buckles are the standard type of fastener used for watch straps made of leather, textile and synthetic materials. These buckles are usually made of metal (mostly stainless steel) and are normally attached to the watch strap with a metal bar:
- Thumbnail: Traditional style tang buckle, with a curved shape to allow for a closer more ergonomic fit to your wrist
- Pre-V: All watches produced by Panerai between their rebirth in 1993 and their acquisition by the Vendome group in 1996 were supplied with Pre-V buckles. Short for Pre-Vendome, these oversized "fishtail" or "bottle-opener" style tang buckles feature a broad shape and curvy design
In addition to the style of buckle, another thing to consider is the fitting or attachment type. There are three main types:
- Spring bar: These buckles feature a removable metal spring bar which allows for a speedy and efficient buckle change across straps
- Sewn in: These buckles are actually sewn into the leather strap, resulting in a secure fixing. Although more secure than spring bar and screw bar buckles, they lack the ability to be removed from the strap
- Screw bar: More sturdy than their spring bar cousins, these buckles feature a removable metal screw bar which allows for easy detachment and re-fitting across straps
Unlike my competitors who include a free spring bar buckle, I supply all my straps with a Pre-V screw bar buckle as standard (at no additional cost), as I believe these provide my customers with a superior strap fastening.
The following selection of buckles are currently in stock:
- Pre-V Screw Bar - Brushed finish, available in widths: 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm
- Pre-V Screw Bar - Polished finish, available in widths: 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm
If you have any questions about which buckles will best fit your strap, please contact me here and I'll try my best to help.